Peace & Social Justice Advocacy
The Peace and Social Justice Network usually meets on the second Sunday of each month¬†in the third floor Session Room. All are invited.
During the past two decades, Rutgers Presbyterian Church has continued to be one of the¬†truly liberal and open churches in NYC that support many peace and social justice issues.
On the national level we:
- Support the Occupy Wall Street movement in the USA and around the world
- Support the end to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Oppose all torture at home and abroad
- Reject all use of war, and educate about peacemaking
- Encourage our Leaders to assist in the Middle Eastern refugee crisis
On the more local level we:
- Support programs that fight hunger, provide shelter, healthcare and education for all¬†people
- Enable fair treatment of immigration and immigrants
- Protect and support all sexual orientation efforts and rights through Presbyterian
- Welcome all local LGBT organizations