Peace & Social Justice Advocacy
The Peace and Social Justice Network usually meets on the second Sunday of each month in the third floor Session Room. All are invited.
During the past two decades, Rutgers Presbyterian Church has continued to be one of the truly liberal and open churches in NYC that support many peace and social justice issues.
On the national level we:
- Support the Occupy Wall Street movement in the USA and around the world
- Support the end to the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan
- Oppose all torture at home and abroad
- Reject all use of war, and educate about peacemaking
On the more local level we:
- Support programs that fight hunger, provide shelter, healthcare and education for all people
- Enable fair treatment of immigration and immigrants
- Protect and support all sexual orientation efforts and rights through Presbyterian
- Welcome all local LGBT organizations